The Aids Desk is the HIV/AIDS prevention and care programme of the National Lutheran Health & Medical Board (NLHMB) which is the official health and medical unit of the United Evangelical Lutheran Church in India engaged in Health care, Education, Community development , Disaster management and other relief to the poor and needy.
- Access to quality health care and social, economic and gender equity and justice to persons vulnerable to and affected by HIV AIDS
- To protect the vulnerable and affected communities by awareness , treatment and rehabilitation
- To provide an enabling environment through social transformation and economic changes
- To help realize health, legal and political rights through lobby, advocacy and networking
- To sensitize and enable the church communities towards relevant and sensitive response
- Provide preventive, curative and rehabilitative Health care to more than 1500 families through hospitals, clinic and mobile services in Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu
- Lobby, network and advocacy at regional and national levels on the right to health care for People Living with HIV/AIDS ( PLHAs)
- Create enabling and sustainable micro and macro environment without stigma and discrimination for infected and affected persons.
- Economic self reliance through skills and capacities to affected families
- Motivate and build Christian response through churches and ecumenical bodies
- Publication of relevant materials in English and vernacular languages, to all stakeholders to effective communication and learning
- Influence public policy related to HIV AIDS and trafficking, through research, communication, advocacy, networking
- Provide social, psychological and economic support to orphans, young and old, through community based institutions