Job Title: Research Assistant
Organization: Indian Institute of Public Health Shillong
Specific location: Khasi and Garo Hills
Closing date of applications: Last date extended to 29/02/2020
Email for receiving applications: email@example.com
The epidemiology of malaria in Meghalaya
The Centre for the Study of Complex Malaria in India (CSCMI)
Meghalaya has a significant burden of malaria, but there is a paucity of research and surveillance data. The CSCMI is doing epidemiological, genomics, entomological and behavioral sciences studies in Meghalaya to understand prevalence including asymptomatic carrier status. The goal is to generate evidence that will assist in the design of effective measures to reduce and ultimately eliminate malaria in Meghalaya. The study is part of the Center for the Study of Complex Malaria in India (CSCMI) funded by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH). The research is led by New York University in collaboration with the Indian Institute of Public Health Shillong (a regional public health institution), National Lutheran Health & Medical Board (NLHMB), National Institute of Research in Tribal Health (NIRTH) and other partners.
Position: Research Assistant
- Assist in /carry out collection and processing of the blood collected at the field sites/ Health institutions in Garo Hills.
- Carry out clinic and or community based epidemiological studies at the field sites/ Health institutions in Garo Hills as per study requirements.
- Will be responsible for maintaining safety and quality standards for samples collected and for all equipment used.
- Responsible for proper labelling, storage and maintenance of the blood samples collected
- Responsible for transport of samples from the field sites/ PHC/ CHC to the Institute.
- Involvement in field work as and when necessary
- Other: Any other project or institution related activities may be assigned from time to time by the principal investigator or immediate supervisor.
Maintain detailed log of work and provide weekly reports.
Provide regular updates to immediate supervisor and assist in report writing if required
GNM/Bsc Nursing/Diploma/Bachelors in Allied Health Sciences or other health related disciplines
Fluency in Garo and English is required. Knowledge of other local languages (Khasi/Jaintia) is an asset.
Experience: Clinical laboratory and field data collection experience is an asset
Your CV should provide the following details, in a word document, preferably in the following order:
- Full Name
- Address and contract details (including email and phone)
- Educational qualifications – Diploma/degree/s, year and institute qualified from
- Language skills (spoken, written skills)
- Software skills
- Work experience (position/job title, organization, duration) if none please state NIL
- Research experience
- Publications if any
- Referees (two persons who you have worked or trained under)
- Any other relevant information